Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Good Day

June 15, 2008

What a Spiritual, Good and Sad day. Today my son was ordained a Deacon. I cant believe he is a Deacon. Then today is the last day for us to see Jason's parents before they leave for their mission to Ireland. I have to share my story regarding prayer and this situation. Several months ago when Don and Joann started their papers I started to hope (PRAY) that they would still be here when Zach was ordained. They started thier papers in January and with Senior Missionaries they could leave within 2 weeks to 2 months from the time their papers are submitted. Well the call came and they were not to leave until June 16th. The day after the ordaination. I have to say that was a true answer to my pray. Watch for my post about Zach's Big weekend soon.

After the ordaination, we had a lunch at the park. We all had our pitcures taken with Mom and Dad. Then the time came to say good bye. The next morning at 3:30 a.m. Jason and I were privledge to take them the MTC. It was so neat to be there with them. I have never been to the MTC to take a missionary, but no one was there except securtiy. It was so quite it was like we were in the temple. We had to say Good Bye again and see them walk down the hall. We love you Mom & Dad.

p.s.Happy Dad's Day too on this AWESOME day!!!



Sister Tolman, Elder Tolman and the future Elder Tolman
The Family
Ireland here we come.
Just a quick update on the missionaries. They made it to Ireland all in one piece. They are about 130 mile from Dublin, helping a branch out. They said in their last email that the branch were mostly people from all over the world. Also they have no dryer so they have to hang their clothes out to dry, which is a little hard to do sometimes since it rains alot in Ireland. We will keep you updated.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was so neat to see Zach passing the sacrament on Sunday. What a great day!

Crazy Lees said...

He da Man! It was a great day. Thanks for supplying me with my comfort rolls!

Jenny said...

congratulations zach. he is an amazing young man and it will be fun to watch him continue to learn and grow.